On behalf of CVP Physicians and our affiliated CVP Practices (Apex Eye, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Dayton Eye Associates, Retina Physicians and Surgeons, Retina Vitreous Associates, Virginia Eye Consultants and Virginia Beach Eye Center), I want to thank you for the positive support and encouragement you have given us through the COVID-19 pandemic. We are grateful for the trust you continue to place in us.
I write to inform you of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients as we start the transition back to a new normal. We recognize that some of these measures may pose an inconvenience to you and your families. It is very important that you read this before arrival and come prepared. Our goal is to provide you with a safe environment and continue to provide you with outstanding eyecare.
What You Need to Know Before Arriving
- Please bring your mobile phone with you so that you can call us on arrival. This is important.
- Please plan to be at our offices no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Please bring a face mask or face covering and wear it at all times. The mask needs to cover your mouth and nose and fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face. This is mandatory.
What Will Happen On Arrival
- At the office entrance, you will be met by one of our team members. Unless assistance is required, companions are kindly asked to wait in the car.
- All patients will be asked to sanitize their hands, answer a number of screening questions and have a temperature check.
- If you have a temperature at or above 100°F, we will assess the level of urgency and reschedule, if necessary. Urgent cases will be treated in isolated areas.
- If your temperature is below 100°F and if you have no symptoms of COVID-19 infection, you will proceed to registration. We have signage in place to help you maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times.
- We are asking patients to maintain social distancing and are monitoring common areas to make sure that social distancing guidelines are respected.
Actions We Are Taking at All Practice Offices
- Our offices are disinfected thoroughly on a daily basis and common areas are disinfected throughout the day.
- All of our employees are wearing face masks and maintaining social distancing.
- We have developed an extensive room cleaning protocol that is executed by the ophthalmic technicians before each patient comes in. This protocol includes cleaning all instruments used for patient examination and all surfaces in the room.
- Some of our physicians are offering virtual telehealth visits for non-vision threatening conditions. Please call us to enquire if this is of interest.
- We have notices on all of our phone lines and websites reminding patients to follow the CDC guidelines and encouraging patients to reschedule if they have experienced flu-like symptoms.
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to call us at one of the numbers listed above.
Thank you for your confidence and trust. We are honored to serve you.
CVP, Chief Executive Officer