We are hiring!
Are you or someone that you know interested in joining our team?
Ophthalmic Assistant/Scribe 11/4/15
Summary of Responsibilities:
Through the operation of the electronic health record, the primary goal of the ophthalmic scribe is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician in the clinical setting.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and thoroughly document ophthalmic exams and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
- List all appropriate diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions as directed by physician.
- Provide patients and / or family members with instructions for self-care and follow-up as directed by the physician.
- Able to anticipate physician needs, communicate clearly to patients and staff members, and effectively multi-task in order to facilitate clinic flow.
- Accurately documents the plan thoroughly including all orders for testing, rationale for testing, and any indications for consultations/ referrals.
- Ensures required health information is documented and updated as needed (medications, allergies, procedures).
- Send appropriate medication prescriptions through E-scribe
- Observes the patient and physician; assisting when appropriate during the exam.
- Provides written instructions and / or patient education materials for the patient to review at home.
- Sends letters to PCP’s through the EHR.
- Maintains patient flow, remaining available to the physician and limit time away from the physician and patient.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ophthalmology scribe or ophthalmic testing experience preferred: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- COA or Scribe certification preferred
- High school or equivalent
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org